For any JEE Main aspirant, one of the most common question is “Is NCERT enough for JEE Main?”. Students wish to plan or strategize their preparation in several manners. One of them is the preparation material. Textbooks from NCERT are prescribed to follow the requirements of the syllabus of CBSE Schools. And the syllabus of CBSE schools is very much similar to JEE Main syllabus. Which is one of the reasons why it is believed that studying NCERT books can fetch you good marks in JEE Main. But there is more to it. Let us see if and why NCERT is enough for your preparation of JEE Main.
Over the years, NCERT books have been considered as a very important factor of JEE Main preparation for an aspirant. With a trend over the past years, it can be seen that questions from Inorganic Chemistry have been asked directly from NCERT textbooks. Topics for Physics are explained in a very detailed way in NCERT Physics textbooks which proves it to be very advantageous. Also for Mathematics, many questions have been seen to be repeated from NCERT textbooks in the JEE Main question papers. And in Mathematics too, the basic concepts are explained very well. This makes the NCERT books advantageous as it will help in better preparation for students and will also help them score higher marks. It makes the preparation of an aspirant stronger with clear knowledge of basic concepts. A lot of candidates who have appeared for the exam have said the same. One other reason to consider NCERT books important for the preparation is that students are familiar with these books for at least two years during their senior secondary years.
NCERT books can be the foundation stone for your JEE Main preparation and avoiding them can be very risky. JEE being the national level examination with a very lower conversion rate is an exam which needs students to be well aware about the topics in detail and NCERT books help you achieve the same. It will help you create the much required foundation.
However, where NCERT is very important for JEE Main, to stand out you can also prepare from other competitive exam books after completing NCERT. This will help you in improving your rank. Some of the popular books for your reference are mentioned below. By adding them along with NCERT in your preparation, your preparation will be stronger and wiser.
- Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations by R.D. Sharma
- Coordinate Geometry: – Plane Coordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
- Trigonometry & Geometry: – Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- Calculus: – Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta.
- Algebra: – Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- NCERT Textbooks
- Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma
- IIT Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov (Optional)
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan
- Organic Chemistry – Morrison and Boyd
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
- Organic Chemistry – Peter Sykes
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – R. C. Mukherjee
Keep following PracBee for more information and updates.