friend, student, graduate

MBBS course is high in demand in India. There are some 76,000 odd seats available all over India. The applications received annually for admission is almost 15 lakhs plus. From 2020, NEET is the only entrance exam considered for admission in undergraduate medical courses in India. This is one of the toughest entrances to crack for any student. Students start preparing in advance for the exam or even apply multiple times so that they can get through. The course is of a total 5.5 years duration including one year of rotational internship at hospitals, health centers, and camps.

MBBS course comprises the study of human anatomy and cytology, medicine, chemistry, pharmaceutical, drugs formulation & effect, and method of surgery. An MBBS degree holder becomes a certified medical practitioner. It must be noted that 15% MBBS seats in government medical colleges in Karnataka are reserved under AIQ. While the remaining 85% of seats are reserved under the state quota in government MBBS colleges of Karnataka. 

National Testing Agency (NTA) is the competent authority to conduct NEET UG in offline mode. It is conducted for granting admission to 83,075 MBBS seats. Every year 10 to 15 lakhs of aspirants register and appear for the NEET exam. Aspirants securing the NEET cutoff will be eligible for the medical admission process

Admission to the Medical colleges in Karnataka is offered through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) exam.

Eligibility criteria for Undergraduate course (MBBS)

  • The student must complete their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects.
  • The minimum aggregate total is 50% in the last exam is a must 
  • The student must be between the age of 17 to 25 years to apply for MBBS
  • The student must crack the NEET-UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduates)

For Undergraduate Courses

Top Medical colleges in Karnataka For MBBS:

Name of the Medical CollegeTotal no. of seatsAnnual fee
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal25079.20 Lakhs
St Johns, Medical College, Bangalore150
24.98 lakhs

JSS Medical College, Mysore
20080.95 lakhs
Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore 25079.20 lakhs
MS Ramaiah Medical College Bangalore 1504.94 lakhs
KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore15088.81 lakhs
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore 2503.86 lakhs
Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar15079.75 lakhs
Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, Mysore 150
3.69 lakhs

Keep following PracBee for more information and updates.

Gaurav Prakash
B Tech IIT Delhi, Founder - PracBee. IIT and NEET Physics author and faculty for 12 years
idea, world, pen Previous post NEET UG 2021: Final Answer Key Released
library, books, bookshelves Next post JEE: Crack with these basic principles & techniques

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *