A reputed top medical college in India is a dream of every aspiring doctor. As they know that studying from the best MBBS colleges in India will be very fruitful on various factors. Top MBBS colleges in Punjab are among the top medical institutes of India, which are highly preferred by the medical aspirants. Practical training along with the quality of education is highly focused in the list of MBBS colleges in Punjab.
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) is the authority to conduct the admission process for state quota seats in MBBS colleges in Punjab. While the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) grants admission to All India Quota (AIQ) seats. It must be noted that 15% MBBS seats in government medical colleges in Punjab are reserved under AIQ. While the remaining 85% are reserved under the state quota in government MBBS colleges of Punjab.
National Testing Agency (NTA) is the competent authority to conduct NEET UG in offline mode. It is conducted for granting admission to 83,075 MBBS seats. Every year 10 to 15 lakhs of aspirants register and appear for the NEET exam. Aspirants securing the NEET cutoff will be eligible for the medical admission process.
Eligibility criteria for aspirants to get admission to any of the MBBS colleges in Punjab:
- Qualifying NEET
- Candidates must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Students must have passed/appeared in 10+ 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.
- Qualified Class 12 or equivalent examination with 50% for general category, 40% for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for general-PH
- For state quota seats, students should fulfill the NEET domicile criteria of Punjab.
MBBS colleges in Punjab accepting NEET score:
List of Government MBBS Colleges:
Getting admission in the government medical colleges in Punjab and getting MBBS seats is like a dream come true for every aspirant. The teaching and practical training of the top government MBBS colleges in Punjab are better in various factors.
|Name of the Government Medical College||Total no. of seats|
|Government Medical College, Amritsar||250|
|Guru Govind Singh Medical College, Faridkot||125|
|Government Medical College, Patiala||225|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhatinda||50|
List of private medical colleges:
|Name of the college||Total no. of seats|
|Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Bhatinda||150|
|Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Patiala||150|
|Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research||150|
|Christian Medical College, Ludhiana||75|
|Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana||100|
|Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Jalandhar||150|
- Once the counselling commences, register at the MCC website for admission to the MBBS course – mcc.nic.in.
- Students have to fill the online application form at bfuhs.ac.in for state quota admission in the list of MBBS colleges in Punjab.
- Then on the basis of registration, authorities will release the merit list..
- Shortlisted aspirants have to submit their choices of courses and colleges during online counselling.
- Based on choices submitted by applicants, NEET rank, seats available, reservation, and other criteria, authorities grant admission to shortlisted candidates.
- Selected students have to report to the allotted MBBS college in Punjab for document verification and completion of the admission process.
Prepare with PracBee in order to get into your aspired medical college under the guidance of well-trained mentors, providing you one on one interaction focusing solely on you.