JEE Main, a national eligibility cum entrance exam is not only a gateway to the prestigious colleges like IITs and NITs but also an eligibility exam for some of the really good state government or privately owned colleges. Talking about the engineering colleges of Gujarat, the number of colleges is in-comprehensible. There are many specific as well as general engineering colleges spread across the state. The state is a home to some of the top engineering colleges like IIT- Gandhinagar and SVNIT-Surat. However, there are a large number of students, who do not wish to relocate to other cities away from their family and hence look for good options within their residential state. With this article, we will be providing you the list of top state government and private colleges in Maharashtra that take admissions through JEE Main.
Engineering colleges in Gujarat
|Name of Institute||Type||Admission Process||Total Fees|
|DA-IICT, Gandhinagar||Private||JEE-Main/ GUJCET||7.08 lakhs|
|Ahmedabad University||Private||6.92 lakhs|
|Nirma University, Ahmedabad||Private||JEE-Main/ GUJCET||7.54 lakhs|
|DDU, Nadiad||Public||JEE-Main/ GUJCET||6.08 lakhs|
|IIIT, Vadodara||Public-Private Partenership||SAT, JEE Main||6.31 lakhs|
|IITRAM, Ahmedabad||Public||JEE-Main/ GUJCET||5.92 lakhs|
|Marwadi Education Foundation Group of Institutions, Rajkot||Private||JEE-Main/ GUJCET||3.56 lakhs|
|Sal Institute of Technology and Engineering Research, Ahmedabad||Private||JEE-Main/ GUJCET||2.96 lakhs|
|SCTE, Surat||Private||JEE-Main/ GUJCET||4.72 lakhs|
|IIIT, Surat||Public-Private||JEE Main||5.65 lakhs|
|School of Petroleum Technology, Pandit Deendayal Energy University||Private||JEE Main||9.73 lakhs|
Please note that the fees mentioned above is only the fees of a particular course or the average Fees and is only for reference purpose. It is subject to change according to the course chosen.
Also, there are different intake exams to different courses in several engineering colleges. Hence, check your desired branch and its admission process before applying. There are many other good engineering colleges in the state which conduct their own exams for entrance along with the state level entrance exam GUJCET. It is also advised to take into notice that a good number of colleges have reserved seats for students of home state, so grab this opportunity to get admitted to a good engineering college.
The basic eligibility criteria for an admission to engineering college is as follows:
- The candidate must have passed Class XII with a minimum of 60 percent. However, there is a relaxation of percentage for the reserved category candidates. This percentage may vary for a few of the colleges.
- The core subjects of a candidate must be Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
- The admission to different colleges is based of different selection criteria. Most known among this are merit based, JEE main result, written exam, group discussion, and personal interview of a candidate.
Apart from JEE main or merit, there are some other entrance exams too through which you can get admitted to the engineering colleges of state.
Documents required for counselling
The important documents required for a smooth counselling process are as follows:
- Allotment letter- The candidate should have a hard-copy of the course allotment letter while reporting.
- Admit card- It is necessary to have the JEE Main or any other exam’s admit card through which you are eligible to apply.
- Fitness certificate, duly approved by a registered medical practitioner.
- Marksheet of 11th as well as 12th std, original along with an attested copy and a passing certificate
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Passport size photographs
The candidate must also carry any kind of reservation certificate if they have applied through it. The list might change as per the requirement of the college.
Crack the exam and get your dream college through one-on-one classes with experienced IITian teachers at pracbee.com