In the latest statement, Delhi University has explained its admission policy for the year 2022-23. DU Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Singh said that the eligibility is going to be decided supported by the marks secured on Common University Entrance Test (CUET).
Before the marks obtained in class 12th, board exams were enough to secure a seat at Delhi University (DU). Till last year DU used to take admission in a conventional way which is to be changed from this year.
The Online Application Forms for CUET Undergraduate Programmes are now open.
Format and structure of the CUET paper
* Section IA may be a 45-minutes long compulsory section that is meant to check the students’ command of English language and one Indian language.
* Section II- This section will assess a student’s understanding of the core subjects that he/she aims to pursue in their undergraduate programmes. Candidates are going to be given 45 minutes to unravel 40 questions from a choice of fifty.
* The last section of CUET 2022 is meant to check the public knowledge of a student. However, this is often not a compulsory section as this may be attempted by students whose choice of undergraduate programme demands assessment of public knowledge instead of simply hard-core testing of domain-centric subjects.
How does DU calculate CUET score for B.Sc programmes?
DU will calculate merit during this case supported by the marks scored in one language (from Section I) and three domain subjects from Section II. Scoring a minimum of 30 per cent within the language test is compulsory. For example, to get admission to BSc. Physics (Hons) or BSc. Chemistry (Hons), candidates will need to take the Physics, Chemistry and Maths papers from Section II, and also obtain 30 per cent marks in one language.
For a couple of BSc programmes, the entry criteria are a touch complicated. For BSc. Maths (Hons) and BSc. Computer Science (Hons), candidates will need to appear for a language test from Section IA, a Maths test from Section II, and another two subjects of which a minimum of one should be from B1. Candidates have to choose their CUET domain papers according to the eligibility criteria mentioned against each programme by DU. Eligibility criteria for each programme is now available at www.admission.uod.ac.in.
* Admission to undergraduate programmes in DU will be done through CUET 2022 only except for the School of Open Learning and the National Collegiate Women’s Education Board.
* The candidates can appear in CUET only in those subjects which they need to take in school XII.
* Educational Qualification: Passing 12th with 45% by any of the recognized boards.
Keep following PracBee for more information and updates.