The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is an undergraduate medical degree course. Students, who wish to make their career in the field of Medicine after completing Class 12 (Science Stream), opt for the MBBS course. The course is of a total 5.5 years duration including one year of rotational internship at hospitals, health centers, and camps.
MBBS course comprises the study of human anatomy and cytology, medicine, chemistry, pharmaceutical, drugs formulation & effect, and method of surgery. An MBBS degree holder becomes a certified medical practitioner.
Admission to the Medical colleges in Haryana is offered through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) exam.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Colleges in Haryana:
Check below the basic eligibility criteria that students need to fulfill for admission to the medical colleges in Haryana.
- Qualifying NEET
- Candidates must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Students must have passed/appeared in 10+ 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.
- Qualified Class 12 or equivalent examination with 50% for general category, 40% for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for general-PH
- For state quota seats, students should fulfill the NEET domicile criteria of Haryana.
List of Government MBBS Colleges:
Getting admission in the government medical colleges in Haryana and getting MBBS seats is like a dream come true for every aspirant. The teaching and practical training of the top government MBBS colleges in Haryana are better in various factors.
|Government Medical Colleges in Haryana||Total no. of seats|
|Pt. B D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak||250|
|BPS Government Medical College for Women, Sonepat||120|
|Shaheed Hasan Khan Mewati Government Medical College, Mewat||120|
|Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Faridabad||100|
|Kalpana Chawala Government Medical College, Karnal||120|
List of private medical colleges:
|Private Medical Colleges in Haryana||Total no. of seats|
|Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurgaon||100|
|Al Falah school of Medical science and Research Center||150|
|MAMC Agroha – Maharaja Agrasen Medical College||100|
|Adesh Medical College and Hospital, Kurukshetra||150|
|MMU Mullana – Maharishi Markandeshwar Deemed to be University||150|
|World college of medical science and hospital||100|
|N.C. Medical College and Hospital||150|
Documents to be carried for counselling process:
- Allotment letter: hard-copy of allotment letter while reporting.
- Admit card
- Marksheet of 11th as well as 12th std, original along with an attested copy and a passing certificate
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Passport size photographs
- Domicile certificate
- Reservation certificate, if any.
Seat reservation category wise:
Schedule Caste(SC) 22%
Schedule Tribe(ST) 6%
PC/PH Category 3%
For more such useful information and content, keep following PracBee.