- Online Gurukul

NEET UG 2021 Counselling Procedure

The date for Counselling for NEET 2021 has not been announced yet. But it is expected to take place in September 2021. The Medical Council Committee (MCC) will provide the NEET 2021 Counselling Schedule once the NEET UG 2021 result is announced. All those who qualify the NEET-UG 2021 exam as per the cut-off released by NTA will be able to participate in the counselling procedure. The NTA does not conduct NEET UG counselling; instead, the MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) is in charge of the NEET UG 2021 counselling.

Registration for Counselling

The official announcement and dates for NEET-UG 2021 counselling will be released by MCC, and applicants can enrol for the NEET counselling on MCC’s official site. Counselling for NEET UG 2021 is separated into two categories: AIQ counselling and state-level counselling. While the MCC will conduct NEET-UG AIQ counselling in 2021, the individual states are responsible to hold NEET-UG 2021 counselling at the state level.

The counselling procedure will be done in various phases to help with seat distribution at the All-India level (AIQ) and at the State level. The All-India Quota (AIQ) category will allow 15% of total seats in each participating medical institution, with the remaining 85% of seats reserved for state medical institutions for candidates from respective state. During the process candidates will be required to provide their personal and academic details.

Registration Fees

CategoryFees
Central Universities (15% AIQ) – General1000/-
Central Universities (15% AIQ) – SC/ST/OBC/PwD500/-
Deemed Universities (all category)5000/-

Please note Registration fees in non-refundable

The candidates will also have to pay the tuition fees. Tuition fees is refundable and is as follows:

CategoryFees
Central Universities (15% AIQ) – General10,000/-
Central Universities (15% AIQ) – SC/ST/OBC/PwD5,000/-
Deemed Universities (all category)2,00,000/-

Counselling of NEET UG 2021

Once the registration process is completed, candidates will be required to login to their registered accounts. Here they need to fill their choices of their desired colleges/ courses in the order of their preference. After filling up the choice candidates must save their copy for future reference.

Seat Allotment

Based on the rank obtained by the candidate and their preferences, they will be allotted a seat. The seat allotment list will be published on the official website of MCC.

Candidates who are assigned a seat in NEET 2021 counselling must attend to the designated institute for document verification and seat confirmation. Candidates’ candidatures will be terminated if they accept the seat that has been assigned to them but fail to report to the assigned institute by the deadline.

Documents required

The candidates reporting to their allocated college need to carry a set of documents with them. These are:

  • NEET UG 2021 Admit Card
  • NEET result or rank letter
  • Class 10 and Class 12 marksheet and certificates
  • Valid, government issued, Photo Id proof
  • 6-8 passport-sized photographs (preferably the same as the one submitted with the NEET 2020 application form)
  • Caste Certificate (if applicable)
  • Disability Certificate (if applicable)
  • Provisional allotment letter

It is advised to carry both the original and photo copy of all the documents mentioned above.

Apart from these they might also be asked some additional documents such as Covid reports due to the pandemic. For which candidates are required to visit the website and their registered account in order to be updated.

Prepare for NEET 2021 with real doctors and IITians at pracbee.com

The founders of PracBee are senior IITians, passionate about education in India and ensuring high performance of students.

Contact us