- Online Gurukul

NEET (UG) Exam – All you need to know!

What is NEET ?

NEET is an acronym for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

It is a National level entrance exam for those who aspire to enter the field of Healthcare for higher education. It is an essential exam for aspirants of MBBS, BDS, AYUSH & other Medical and Paramedical branches of healthcare.

Who conducts the NEET UG Exam?

NEET (UG) is conducted by NTA – National Testing Agency.

Earlier NEET (UG) was conducted by CBSE.

Number of seats & candidates:

A total of 15, 97,433 students registered for NEET–UG 2020 to compete against 83275 MBBS seats available pan-India in Private and Government institutions combined. That number is likely to go up in the years to follow.

As of March 20th 2020 India had 541 medical colleges, which includes 278 government and 263 private institutes.

Allocation of seats:

NEET offers admission into these medical colleges on a 15% quota basis, the remaining 85% seats are alloted by the states in their own counseling.

Pattern of Examination:

As per the new guidelines the question paper will have 200 Questions out of which the candidate needs to answer 180 Questions.

The paper will be divided into two sections — A & B.

Section A carries 35 Questions, all mandatory.

Section B carries 15 Questions, you need to attempt any 10.

A total of 180 questions will be attended by each candidate leading to a total score of 720 marks.

Languages in which the exam can be answered:

The question paper is available in the following languages :

Hindi, English, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Urdu, Kannada & Telugu.

Candidates opting for any other language other than English get their question paper in that language and in English.

In case of any discrepancy in terms of translation of the words the English language version will be considered final.


Syllabus is dynamic because of the ongoing pandemic and prone to changes, the latest information for the same can be obtained from the NMC official website – https://www.nmc.org.in/neet/neet-ug/

Age limit:

The lower age limit for NEET UG is 17years of age and as of now there is no upper age limit, the Supreme Court is however considering changes for the same and it might change in the future.

Keep following Pracbee.com for such relevant information and updates.

The founders of PracBee are senior IITians, passionate about education in India and ensuring high performance of students.

Contact us