The National Testing Agency is expected to release the JEE Main 2022 notification soon. Interested candidates are required to apply for the exam online through the official website: jeemain.nta.nic.in. But before filling the form, the students must be aware about the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the notification. In this article we are sharing the information as it was for the previous exam. The eligibility criteria is expected to be the same for JEE Main 2022.
Below is mentioned the eligibility criteria for JEE Main exam:
- Candidates must have passed the class 12th or any other qualifying exam in 2020, 2021 or they must be appearing for the class 12th or other qualifying exam in 2022.
- There is no age limit for appearing in the exam
- Students planning to take admission in B.E. or B. Tech programmes must have passed the qualifying exam or class 12th exam with Mathematics, Physics, and either of Chemistry, biology, biotechnology or any other technical vocational subject.
- For students planning to take admission in B. Arch., they should have mathematics, physics and chemistry as their subjects in class 12th.
Students must be aware that post qualifying the exam, they will go through the counselling process, after which a seat will be allotted to them in one of the engineering colleges of their choice. Also, JEE Main acts as a qualifying exam for JEE Advanced exam which is an entrance programme to B. Tech programme offered by various IITs. JEE Main score is accepted by 31 NITs, 25 IIITs, and 28 GFTIs and various other engineering colleges for B. Tech programmes.
Below is the list of documents required for JEE Main 2022:
- Scanned copy of photograph of applicant
- Scanned copy of signature of applicant
- Category certificates, if applicable
- Photograph Identity proofs such as Aadhar Cards, Voter cards, etc.
- Scanned copy of Class 10th and Class 12th marksheets.
Also, step by step procedure to apply for JEE Main is given below:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main at jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Registered yourself by entering the required details like name, e-mail id, contact number.
- Once you have successfully registered, a unique registration / application number will be generated. Please save it for future reference.
- Login using the same application number and password.
- Fill the required information and upload the required documents in desired format
- Finally, you can make the payment for the JEE Main application and submit your form.
- Download the payment confirmation page and take a print out for future reference.
We will come up with an article on the detailed step by step process of the JEE Main application form once the notification is released.
Keep following PracBee for more updates and information.