JEE Advanced is conducted in India by IITs for admission to 4-year B.Tech program and 5-year Integrated B.Tech courses in various streams at various IITs across India. Each year at-least 14 lakhs student appear for the whole selection process starting from JEE Mains and then Advanced for getting a seat in IITs. But, till the onset of the counselling process of IITs, only a few thousands of students remain for further procedure. Hence, it is necessary for all the serious aspirants to understand and prepare themselves for the JEE Advanced Counselling procedure and use their hard-earned scores most effectively.
Here in this article, the readers would be able to know more on the procedures followed in JEE Advanced Counselling, including the seat allocation activity and the documents required during the process.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the body set up by the Ministry of Education, to supervise and proceed the whole process of seat allocation in the most transparent manner. It will carry out the JEE Advanced counselling process for the selection of eligible candidates into IITs and other participating institutions. There are 23 IITs, offering a total of 11,279 seats to aspiring candidates across various courses and branches. The candidates will be allotted the colleges and branches of their choices but with respect to their rank in the merit list. It is centrally managed seat allocation system, where the candidates have to directly report to their allotted college to complete the admission process.
Here is the step-wise procedure of the counselling process of JEE Advanced:
- Online Registration- The candidates must enter JEE Advanced Roll Number, Registration Number, Date of Birth (as per JEE Advanced admit card), and Password to register themselves for JEE Advanced Counselling 2021. No fee is charged at this step.
- Choice filling & locking- The candidates must fill the choice of branch, course & institute using the Registration ID to log in to the JoSAA online portal. They can choose as many courses as they want, change the order and add new courses to their list until they have finalised their choices.
- Seat Allotment- The activity of seat allocation is normally completed in 6 rounds. The candidates must regularly check their seat allotment status at the end of every round. Once a candidate gets his/her preferred seat, it is advised to proceed with online payment & book the provisionally allocated seat.
- Reporting and Document verification- The candidates must report at their allotted colleges, with all the original documents & one attested copy of each, on the date of reporting.
Documents required for JEE Advanced counselling process-
- Allotment letter- The candidate should have a hard-copy of the course allotment letter while reporting.
- Admit card- It is necessary to have the JEE Advanced admit card at the document verification window.
- Fitness certificate, duly approved by a registered medical practitioner.
- Application form of the JEE Advanced entrance exam (Hard copy).
- Marksheet of 11th as well as 12th Std, original along with an attested copy.
- Birth certificate
- OBC/NCL reservation Certificate
- SC/ST reservation Certificate
- Identity proof
- Demand draft of the informed to-be-paid amount.
Counselling for admission in IITs this year will begin after exams happen. 2 remaining sessions of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced have been postponed due to the pandemic.
Utilize this time to prep yourself for these exams at pracbee.com