JEE Mains and Advanced are counted as two of the most competitive exams, with lakhs of students competing for a few thousands of seats in the elite engineering colleges of India. As most of the students appearing for these exams do not possess any prior experience of such competition, it is very obvious for many aspirants to take naive decisions, which can prove to be wrong in the process of preparation and affect the chances of them getting a seat in a desired institute. This article would help the aspirants figure out the list of important topics analysed with respect to the weightage they had in the past examinations. Hence, by going through this article the aspirants can map out an efficient preparation strategy for themselves and increase their chance of success in JEE Mains and also JEE Advanced.
Before taking you through the list of concepts of various subjects from both the examinations, it is necessary for the aspirants to understand the expectations of these exams from the aspirants.
- The syllabus for both the exams are the same i.e., integrated syllabus of classes 11th & 12th from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The duration of the JEE Mains is 3 hours, whereas the advanced consists of 2 papers of durations 3 hours each.
- As stated, the syllabus of both the exams are same, the JEE Mains acts as a qualifying one for Advanced.
- As the name suggests, the Advanced examination is the advanced form of the types of questions asked in the JEE Mains. The aspirants have to get skilled with strong applicative skill of the concept prepared for the JEE Mains.
Hence, as both the exams are from the same set of syllabi, our article will thoroughly disperse an idea of the important topics analysed from the past examinations in JEE Advanced. This analysis would definitely hold true for planning ones’ preparation for JEE Mains. Here onwards we will cover each subject and their important topics for the JEE Advanced.
Physics- The 10 most important topics in Physics, based on their past weightage in Advanced question papers are-
- Units & Dimensions
- Geometrical Optics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Waves & Sound
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Current Electricity & Heat Transfer
Mathematics- While recommending the important chapters for mathematics in Advanced, concentration on following chapters can prove beneficial to the aspirants-
- Definite Integration
- Matrices & Determinants
- Continuity & Differentiability
- Area under Curves
- Differential Equation
- Sequences & Series
- Application of Derivatives
- 3D Geometrical Systems
Chemistry– Generally, Chemistry has been said to be the most scoring subject among all the three. Still, there are some students who feel chemistry to be a boring subject, for them our list of important topics can help them boost their scores-
- Alcohols, Phenols & Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- Equilibrium in physical & Chemical processes
- Haloalkenes & Haloarenes
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- P-block Elements
- P-block Elements
- Surface Chemistry
Hence by following the suggestions in the article and having a strong hold of the topics listed above, the aspirants can enhance their scores in JEE Advanced.
You do need to revise, practice and be guided at each and every step of your JEE preparation. Enroll with pracbee.com to ensure that you get through these tough exams.