Delhi University notifies about the Admission Criteria for academic calendar 2022-23; CUET compulsory

Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on telegram

DU Admissions 2022-23: VC Yogesh Singh said that the admission to undergraduate (UG) programmes will be done through CUET 2022 only except for the School of Open Learning and National Collegiate Women’s Education Board.

Delhi University has released a notification about the university’s admission policy for the 2022-23 academic year. Vice-Chancellor of Delhi University (DU) Yogesh Singh said that the selection will be decided based on Common University Entrance Test (CUET 2022) marks. The candidates can appear in CUET only in those subjects which they have taken in class XII. The score will be calculated based on the combination of only those subjects which the candidate has written in the CUET test.

Admission to undergraduate programmes will be done through CUET 2022 only except for the School of Open Learning and the National Collegiate Women’s Education Board. All the candidates must appear in CUET 2022 including those seeking admission to additional seats. The eligibility criteria will be decided based on marks obtained in CUET. Students can appear for CUET 2022 in a maximum of 6 subjects out of which one of the subjects must be a language subject. The best score will be considered for admission to Delhi University, added the Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Kumar.

CUET 2022 will comprise three sections in which the first section consists of two parts. The first part of CUET contains 13 languages and 20 languages in the second part. “The candidates must appear in at least one language for admission to Delhi University, out of both these parts combined,” according to Dean Admissions of Delhi University Haneet Gandhi. The second part of the entrance exam comprises 27 domain-specific topics. The third section is based on General Knowledge which will be required for admission to BA Program only. To get admission in B.Sc programmes, the admissibility will be calculated based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology. However, 30 per cent marks in any language have to be achieved as qualifying criteria. For admission to Bachelor of Arts (B.A), a candidate will have to appear in the entrance test in any one language from section one and any three subjects from the other section. Merit will be calculated based on marks secured by the candidate in the same subject and language. Candidates opting for language programmes have to choose a particular language or take the test in any other language.

As for the 50 per cent reserved seats in minority colleges, 85 percent of marks for admission will be taken from the CUET, and the remaining 15 per cent will be decided from the marks given by colleges. 

The candidates wishing to apply for the DU admission process need to register on the National Testing Agency (NTA) website, after which they need to register on the DU website for centralised e-counselling. The DU admission portal link- admission.uod.ac.in is going to be live soon.

Students who wish to appear for CUET should be ready and prepared for the examination as the registration and the process has begun. Wishing candidates all the best from PracBee.

Keep following PracBee for more information and updates.