MBBS is an undergraduate program with duration of 4 years and 6 months followed by a 1-year compulsory rotatory internship. This course is divided into 9 semesters in which students gain thorough knowledge of various MBBS subjects like Anatomy, Pediatrics, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Anesthesiology, Community Medicine, Surgery, pharmacology, dermatology, internal medicine etc.
MBBS is one of the most reputed and sought after degrees in India. As per the ‘Medical Council of India’ (MCI), there are 542 colleges offering MBBS courses and the total number of seats available is 79,855.
Department of health & family welfare, Kolkata is concerned with the selection procedure into all the medical colleges in the state of West Bengal and releases state merit list for the same. After the release of the state wise merit list the counselling procedure is conducted.
West Bengal MBBS admission 85% quota of seats for state and 15% quota is provided to all Indian candidates. NEET is organised by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and is a national level entrance exam. It comprises 200 multiple choice questions according to the new pattern as of 2021 with internal choice in 20 questions. The exam is of 3 hours duration.
The admission procedure consists of the following steps:-
- Filling of choices
- Merit List
- Seat Allotment
- Downloading Counselling Letter
- Reporting at allotted college
Medical colleges in West Bengal
|MEDICAL COLLEGE||TOTAL SEATS|
|Nilratan Sircar Medical College, Kolkata||250|
|North Bengal Medical College, Darjeeling||100|
|Medical College , Kolkata||250|
|Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||200|
|Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan||150|
|Bankura Sammilani Medical College Bankura||150|
|ESiC Medical College Bankura||100|
|Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata||150|
|College of Medicine and JNM Hospital,Kalyani, Nadia||100|
|Midnapore Medical College, Midnapore||100|
|Murshidabad Medical College & Hospitals, Murshidabad||100|
|Malda Medical College & Hospitals, Malda||100|
|College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital, Kolkata||100|
|RG Kar Medical College, KolKata |
KPC Medical College, Jadavpur, Kolkata
Eligibility criteria to get into ome of the above mentioned colleges in West Bengal:
- Clearing the NEET cut off
- Department of Health and family welfare, Kolkata will release state merit lists
- Counselling 2020 will be conducted.
- Candidates must have studied Biology ,English ,Physics and chemistry and 50% in 12th class for the general category.
- Candidate applying for state quota must have domicile holder
- Nationality: All citizens of India
- Age: Candidates must have 17 years old on before December 31,2021 and must not be over 25 years old on or after May 2021
Out of all the available seats, 85% seats are reserved for State candidates and 15% seats are reserved for all India candidates. The Number of seats in the MBBS course has been increased to 4,000 in West Bengal with the addition of 250 seats in two medical colleges on 20th October, 2020, with the addition of 250 seats in 2 Medical colleges.
Documents to be carried for counselling process:
- Allotment letter: hard-copy of allotment letter while reporting.
- Admit card
- Mark sheet of 11th as well as 12th class, original along with an attested copy and a passing certificate
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Passport size photographs
- Domicile certificate
- Reservation certificate, if any.
Seat reservation category wise:
- Schedule Caste(SC) 22%
- Schedule Tribe(ST) 6%
- PC/PH Category 3%
- OBC-A 10%
- OBC-B 7%
Prepare with pracbee at https://pracbee.com/?utm_source=quora in order to get into your aspired medical college under the guidance of well-trained mentors, providing you one on one interaction focusing solely on you.
Keep following Pracbee for more relevant information and updates.