JEE Main, a national eligibility cum entrance exam is not only a gateway to the prestigious colleges like IITs and NITs but also an eligibility exam for some of the really good state government of privately owned colleges. B Tech colleges of Tamil Nadu, a state with higher literacy rate, offers a quality of education with various courses and higher placement. The state is a home to some of the top engineering colleges like IIT- Madras, NIT- Trichy, VIT- Vellore, etc. However, there are a large number of students, who do not wish to relocate to other cities away from their family and hence look for good options within their residential state. Hence, this article of ours would help the readers know the list of top engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu
|Name of Institute||Type||Admission Process||Total Fees|
|Vellore Institute of Technology, (VIT) Vellore||Private||VITEEE/ JEE Main, SAT||7.80 lakhs|
|IIIITDM Kancheepuram||Government||JEE Main/ SAT||6.55 lakhs|
|SRM University, Chennai||Private||JEE Main/ SRMJEEE||10.00 lakhs|
|SASTRA University, Thanjavur||Private||JEE Main||6.42 lakhs|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore||Private||AEEE/JEE Main/ KEAM||12.00 lakhs|
|Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education, Virudhunagar||Private||JEE Main/ NATA/KEEE||6.60 lakhs|
|BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai||Private||CIEAT/ JEE Mains||8.00 lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Tiruchirappalli||Public-Private partnership||JEE Main||7.24 lakhs|
|Noorul Islam Centre for Higher Education, Kanyakumari||Deemed||JEE Main||4.00 lakhs|
|Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Viswa Mahavidyalaya, Kanchipuram||Deemed||JEE Main, Uni-Gauge-E||5.05 lakhs|
|IIFPT, Thanjavur||Government||JEE Main||6.01 lakhs|
Please note that the fees mentioned above is only the fees of a particular course or the average Fees and is only for reference purpose. It is subject to change according to the course chosen.
Also, there are different intake exams to different courses in several colleges. Hence, check your desired branch and its admission process before applying. There are many other good engineering colleges in the state which conduct their own exams for entrance.
The basic eligibility criteria for an admission to engineering college is as follows:
- The candidate must have passed Class XII with a minimum of 60 percent. However, there is a relaxation of percentage for the reserved category candidates. This percentage may vary for a few of the colleges.
- The core subjects of a candidate must be Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
- The admission to different colleges is based of different selection criteria. Most known among this are merit based, JEE main result, written exam, group discussion, and personal interview of a candidate.
Apart from JEE main or merit, there are some other entrance exams too through which you can get admitted to the engineering colleges of state.
Documents required for counselling
The important documents which are required for a smooth counselling process are as follows:
- Allotment letter- The candidate should have a hard-copy of the course allotment letter while reporting.
- Admit card- It is necessary to have the JEE Main or any other exam’s admit card through which you are eligible to apply.
- Fitness certificate, duly approved by a registered medical practitioner.
- Marksheet of 11th as well as 12th std, original along with an attested copy and a passing certificate
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Passport size photographs
The candidate must also carry any kind of reservation certificate if they have applied through it. The list might change as per the requirement of the college.
Maximize your score in JEE Mains through one-on-one learning with IITian teachers at pracbee.com