75% eligibility criteria for JEE Main is removed by the NTA. Aspirants must clear class 12th to write the JEE Main 2022 exam.
National Talent Agency (NTA) on March 1, 2022, has released a notice on its official website jeemain.nta.nic.in about the JEE Main 2022 application form. According to the latest notification the conducting body NTA has eliminated the 75% marks criteria from the minimum eligibility percentage norms for writing JEE Mains 2022. During the previous academic session, aspirants had to have 75% aggregate marks in their 12th board examination just to appear in the JEE Mains.
However, when it comes to JEE Main Arch & Planning, candidates must secure a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with 50% aggregate in the overall examination.
Interested candidates applying for JEE Mains 2022 are advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form for JEE Mains 2022.
This year the exam will only be conducted two times, that is in April and May 2022.
JEE Main Session 1 will be done on April 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 while session 2 will be conducted on May 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29. The last date to complete the JEE Mains application form is March 31, 2022.
Revised Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2022
For appearing in the JEE (Main) – 2022, there’s no age limit for the students. The students who have cleared the category 12/ original examination in 2020, 2021, or appearing in 2022 regardless of their age can sit for JEE (Main) – 2022 examination. Still, the students may be needed to fulfill the age criteria of the Institute(s) in which they’re desirous of taking admission.
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE)
• The board exam of the 10+2 system, piloted by any honoured Central/ State Board, similar as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
• Intermediate or two-time Pre-University examination conducted by an honoured Board/ University.
• Final examination of the two-time course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy (NDA)
• Senior lyceum Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) with a minimum of five subjects.
• Any Public School/ Board/ University exam of India or any foreign country honoured as like the 10+2 system of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
•Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
• A Parchment honoured by AICTE or a State board of specialized education of at least 3 times duration.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) position.
• High school Certificate Exam of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
• Campaigners who have completed the Class 12 (or original) examination outside India or from a Board not specified over should produce an instrument from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they’ve passed is corresponding to the Class 12 Examination.
• In case the Class 12 Examination isn’t a public examination, the seeker must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination before.
Time of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
• Only those campaigners who have passed the Class 12/ original examination in 2020, 2021, or those who are appearing in Class 12/ original examination in 2022, are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2022.
• Campaigners who passed the Class 12/ original examination in 2019 or before as well as those who’ll appear in a similar examination in 2023 or later aren’t eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2022.
Relaxation in Norms as a Special Case for JEE Advanced 2022
Aspirants who passed their class 12th test in 2022/ 2021 and registered for the JEE Advanced 2021 but couldn’t appear are also eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced test this time. As per the sanctioned announcement, this is a one-time occasion effective only for JEE Advanced 2022 due to the present epidemic situation.
The registration for JEE Advanced 2022 will be starting from June 8, 2022, at jeeadv.ac.in. The last date to complete the JEE Advanced 2022 registration is June 14, 2022. JEE Advanced 2022 are going to be conducted on July 3, 2022, in online mode.
Keep following PracBee for more information and updates.